Prayer request

ALAYMAN

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
My pastor had serious heart valve surgery in September, and yesterday had some related episodic procedures, but unfortunately other complications were discovered which may mean further surgery is required. Please pray for him and his wife/family, as well as me in filling in for him in the coming weeks.

I'm glad he has someone who can back him up. I'm confident you'll do a good job.

ALAY....So glad that you can be there to serve. Praying for your pastor and for yourself also. Blessings, my friend.

Thanks for the prayers, it appears (tentatively) that the corrective surgery will take place sometime near the middle of this week. Appreciate the continued prayers for my pastor.

The cardiologists have determined they intend to repair the recently placed heart valve rather than replace it. That’s good news because it means that they will attempt a noninvasive procedure that would mean a quick recovery time, but there’s a real possibility that while doing that procedure that it could turn into emergency open heart surgery. Please pray that it is the former and not the latter😊

Just a bump/update. This corrective surgery is to occur in early March, and again, please pray that the non-invasive type surgery (which would require about a week of recovery time) would be the outcome of this procedure rather than it being last-minute open heart surgery that would lay him up for several months.

They moved this correct procedure from March until today. Please pray for my pastor who will be having this procedure at a little after 10 o’clock.

They moved this correct procedure from March until today. Please pray for my pastor who will be having this procedure at a little after 10 o’clock.
Praying

Ugh! Waiting since 5 but my pastor’s surgery has been postponed to a later date. 😩
I think it is the waiting that truly sucks! Truth be known, I think everyone would rather just get the thing over and done with! I know I am relieved that my wife's ordeal is done with and she is well on the road to recovery! I will continue to pray for your pastor.

Thank you, and all who are praying. The cardiologist said they will get him back in for the procedure “very soon”.
Just curious... if you aren't at liberty to say, I understand. But what was the reason for the delay? Was it your pastor's medical condition or was it on the cardiologist's part? Earlier, I responded as though the latter was a foregone conclusion then thought better and deleted.

Just curious... if you aren't at liberty to say, I understand. But what was the reason for the delay? Was it your pastor's medical condition or was it on the cardiologist's part? Earlier, I responded as though the latter was a foregone conclusion then thought better and deleted.
This corrective procedure of patching the recently replaced valve was much more technically involved than the original heart valve replacement. That required that there be some excessively highly skilled team members as a part of the group. Getting them scheduled all together at the same time was the first challenge, and as they assembled on that day, they were scheduled to take care of a similar situation in a patient just prior to my pastor’s procedure. That first patient ran into difficulty, which was protracted and eventually required the cancellation of my pastor’s procedure. Relatively speaking, he is a healthy 65-year-old and was more than ready to go. But in order to save the life of the other patient, their full attention was necessary for much longer than they anticipated.

Last edited:
This corrective procedure of patching the recently replaced valve was much more technically involved than the original heart valve replacement. That required that there be some excessively highly skilled team members as a part of the group. Getting them scheduled all together at the same time was the first challenge, and as they assembled on that day, they were scheduled to take care of a similar situation in a patient just prior to my pastor’s procedure. That first patient ran into difficulty, which was protracted and eventually required the cancellation of my pastor’s procedure. Relatively speaking, he is a healthy 65-year-old and was more than ready to go. But in order to save the life of the other patient, their full attention was necessary for much longer than they anticipated.
Which is why I am grateful that I thought better and deleted my comment.

The second attempt at correcting my pastor’s heart valve leakage is now scheduled for next Wednesday. Please pray that it would be successful via minimally invasive procedures.

Message/report I just received….

“Surgery was a success. Doc said it was the best outcome we could have hoped for. He’s in post op now.”

Thanks for your prayers, and most of all, thank you Jesus!